IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
II. Authorisation and Passwords
1. You may access this Website if you are eligible to register and authorised by UNFPA to use this Website and request services provided by UNFPA in accordance with the UNFPA Service Conditions (the "Services") and have received a password and Login ID.
2. In order to access the Website to use the Services you need to key in your Login ID and password. You are responsible for keeping your personal Login ID and password secure and confidential. You should not share, display, disclose or permit your Login ID and password to be disclosed to any other party. In the event that your Login ID and password is disclosed or discovered by another party, You should contact UNFPA immediately.
3. You are responsible for use of the Services when access to the Services is obtained through the use of your Login ID and password whether authorised or unauthorised.
4. You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or use any false name or use any other person's Login ID and password to access the Website;
- You agree and warrant that you will implement and comply with the above procedures;
- UNFPA reserves the right to withdraw Login ID and passwords at any time without notice and in its sole discretion may allocate a new Login ID and password where UNFPA has reason to believe that such Login ID and password has been discovered and/or used by any person or organization other than.
5. Without prejudice to any other rights, UNFPA reserves the right to suspend the provision of all or any part of the Services and/or block or remove any e-mails or other postings or content if UNFPA has reason to believe that such material is in violation of these terms and conditions.
III. Copyright notice
1. Copyright © United Nations Population Fund, 2018. All rights reserved.
2. The information in the various pages of the UNFPA Website, www.UNFPAprocurement.org (the "Website"), is issued by the United Nations Population Fund for general distribution.
3. The information presented is protected under the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literature and Artistic works, under other international conventions and under national laws on copyright and neighboring rights.
4. Extracts of the information in the Website may be reviewed, reproduced or translated for research or private study but not for sale or for use in conjunction with commercial purposes. Any use of information in the Website should be accompanied by an acknowledgment of UNFPA as the source, citing the uniform resource locator (URL) of the article. Reproduction or translation of substantial portions of the Website, or any use other than for educational or other non-commercial purposes require explicit, prior authorization in writing to the Website editor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. The designations employed and the presentation of the information in this Website do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of UNFPA concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
6. The designations "developed" and "developing" regions are intended for statistical and analytical convenience and do not necessarily express a judgment about the stage reached by a particular country or area in the development process.
7. The mention of specific companies or of certain manufacturers' products does not imply that they are endorsed or recommended by UNFPA in preference to others of a similar nature that are not mentioned.
8. UNFPA does not warrant that the information contained in the Website is complete and correct and shall not be liable whatsoever for any damages incurred as a result of its use.
9. Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the United Nations, which are specifically reserved.
10. UNFPA reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Website or any Materials in any respect. UNFPA shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
11. No waiver by UNFPA of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in writing signed by its duly authorized representative.
IV. Website usage agreement between UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund and the User.
UNFPA, The United Nations Population Fund, offers its information on the Internet for the benefit of individuals and organizations interested and involved in the areas of population, reproductive health, including family planning, and sustainable development issues.
1. Use of this Website constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions.
2. The United Nations Population Fund (henceforth referred to as UNFPA) maintains this Website www.UNFPAprocurement.org for the purpose of providing information and procurement services to those who may choose to access the Website ("User").
The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. UNFPA grants permission to Users to visit the Website and download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, "Materials") from the Website for User's personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute, compile or create derivative works there from, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific material within this Website.
3. UNFPA administers this Website. All Materials on this Website from UNFPA are subject to these terms and conditions.
4. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials in this Website are those of the various United Nations staff members, consultants and advisers to UNFPA who prepared the work and do not necessarily represent the views of UNFPA or United Nations Member States.
5. Materials provided on this Website are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. UNFPA specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. UNFPA periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the Materials on this Website without notice. Under no circumstances shall UNFPA be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to resulted from use of this Website, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this Website is at User's sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall UNFPA or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if UNFPA has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. User specifically acknowledges and agrees that UNFPA is not liable for any conduct of any User.
7. This Website may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers. UNFPA does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, or any User of this Website or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at User's own risk. Neither UNFPA nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting there from.
8. As a condition of use of this Website , User agrees to indemnify UNFPA and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of User's use of this Website , including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by User of these terms and conditions. If User is dissatisfied with any material on this Website or with any of its terms and conditions of use of this Website, User's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Website .
9. This Website may contain links and references to third-party Websites. The linked Websites are not under the control of UNFPA and UNFPA is not responsible for the contents of any linked Website or any link contained in a linked Website. UNFPA provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked Website by UNFPA.
10. If this Website contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, "Forums"), User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, User agrees that when using a Forum, User shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents therefore as may be required by law.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters, or download any file posted by another User of a Forum that User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
11. User acknowledges that all Forums or Discussion Groups are public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, emails and other communications by other Users are not endorsed by UNFPA, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by UNFPA. UNFPA reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums received from User, including without limitation email and bulletin board postings. Country and area nomenclature; mention of companies or products. The use of particular designations of countries or territories does not imply any judgment by UNFPA as to the legal status of such countries or territories, of their authorities and institutions or of the delimitation of their boundaries. The mention of names of specific companies or products (whether or not indicated as registered) does not imply any intention to infringe proprietary rights, nor should it be construed as an endorsement or recommendation on the part of UNFPA. The designations "developed" and "developing" regions are intended for statistical and analytical convenience and do not necessarily express a judgment about the stage reached by a particular country or area in the development process.
Preservation of Immunities
12. Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the United Nations, which are specifically reserved.
13. UNFPA reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Website or any Materials in any respect. UNFPA shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
14. UNFPA reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any User access to this Website or any portion thereof without notice.
15. No waiver by UNFPA of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in writing signed by its duly authorized representative.
V. Privacy notice
1. Users can browse the Website without revealing any personal information about themselves. Information gathered during general browsing includes; Users' Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, operating systems, referring websites, and navigation through the Website [including files downloaded, pages visited, and the dates/times of visits]. UNFPA will not specifically identify the User during general browsing. The information will be stored by UNFPA web analytics suppliers and locally in the server's logs, which will be used internally for website traffic analysis and trends as well as to improve the usefulness of the Website.
Personally identifiable information
2. Providing personal information on the Website is optional. Users who do not provide personal information can still browse and use the Website, but will not be able to carry out certain actions such as purchasing items, registering for a newsletters, etc. Users may be asked to provide personal information (such as name, address, phone number and e-mail address) when they register with the Website, order merchandise, request information, join an electronic mailing list or provide feedback. This information is collected only with the User's knowledge and permission and kept in UNFPA databases.
3. UNFPA may use personal information to:
- Contact Users – either in response to a query or suggestion, or to mail newsletters, documents, publications, etc.
- Confirm purchases and registrations on the Website
- Help UNFPA develop products and services
- For Conduct internal administration and analysis
- Consider any applications or requests for information made by User
4. Users have the right to see, cancel and correct any personal information held by UNFPA. For any queries in connection with personal information, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
5. Cookie is a small amount of data that is sent from the web server to your browser. It is normally used to assign a unique identification to your computer and securely store information such as User IDs, passwords, preferences, and online profiles. It is stored on the hard drive of your computer. You can choose not to have cookies delivered by the Website by changing your browser settings.
- General browsing of the Website may generate cookies that will be used only to track the Users browsing session.
- Registered Users that log in to the system will need to enable cookies in their browser settings. These cookies will allow www.UNFPAprocurement.org to recall the User's details on subsequent visit to the Website avoiding the need to re-enter information
6. UNFPA will take all reasonable steps to protect the User's personal information but cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information disclosed on the Website. Users accept the inherent security risks of providing information over the Internet. UNFPA assumes no responsibility for the security of this information.